Sat, Aug 13|
Lake Jacomo Sail Boat Cove
Moonlight Madness Night Race
Come out and use that beautiful boat the way she wants to be used. Have some fun and become a better sailor. Our club has really become something special over the last couple years. Let's show it some support and get out there and race on the lake we love!
Time & Location
Aug 13, 2022, 9:00 PM
Lake Jacomo Sail Boat Cove, 740 E Park Rd, Lee's Summit, MO 64086, USA
About The Event
Calling all Jacomo sailors, join us for a night race! All keelboats and sailors of all caliber are welcome. RSVP today and include your vessel information (make, model, length, keel type, etc).
Regatta will be a BEER CAN RACE. https://www.latitude38.com/misc/10Command-opt.pdf
General race info:
- Skipper's meeting at sailboat cove shelter at 6pm
- Race start for first boat 9pm
- Staggered start based on PHRF handicap
- Two lap. Placement for winners is based on order you cross the finish gate since handicap is built into start
Beer can races are informal, honor-system driven, and FUN. Submit your vessel details to me prior to the race. Email, text, verbal, whatever's easiest. Prior to race we'll provide you with an exact start time. Slowest boat gets to start at race start time t+0, remaining boats stagger from that point. Use a timepiece with seconds and try to cross the gate at or after your start time. In addition, I'll sound a horn at t+0 so alternatively you can use a stopwatch to count up to your start time (So if you have a 4 minute handicap, then start stopwatch at horn and cross when it hits 4 minutes).
- We will drop two markers straight out from sailboat cove. This will be the start/finish gate.
- Racers will cross the gate at their designated time, headed toward the dam
- Natural marker is "The Needle". This is the concrete tower thing on the Northern most part of Lake Jacomo near the admin building. Thread the needle between the shoreline and the spillway tower, with the needle on your starboard.
- Sail back toward sailboat cove and cross the gate.
- Based on projected winds, this will be a two lap race.
Since winners are determined immediately without the delay of PHRF calculations, winners announced same day, right after the race at the sailboat cove shelter. So return to the dock after you finish and join in on the celebrations. Post-race party time is soft start so whenever the last racer shows up.
Skipper with boat
Committee boat, marker placement, etc.
Available to Crew
Available to crew on a registered skipper's boat